100% of the proceeds from these auctions, beyond the opening bid, will be donated to Best For Babes!!
These auctions will run from Monday, March 24th, 2014 to Friday, March 28th, 2014.
** About section taken from: http://www.bestforbabes.org/about **
About the Best for Babes Foundation
What We Believe (for more about our Credo, click here)
- Parents & caregivers deserve to be inspired, motivated, coached and cheered on! Parents don’t need to be judged or told what to do. Finger-pointing and judging only fuels the “mommy wars” and “breast vs. bottle” debate. Becoming a parent is tremendously challenging, and deserves empathy, compassion and respect.
- Parents & caregivers deserve to have access to positive, inspiring, and evidence-based facts so that they can make informed decisions about infant feeding. We are working to make sure that the information parents receive is free from undermining influences or conflicting agendas.
- Our focus is on making sure expecting mothers are prepared for breastfeeding, know what to expect, and have the tools to overcome any hurdles. We are mostly concerned with supporting the 86% of women who want to breastfeed to get through the 6-8 week learning curve so they can go on to nurse for as long as they desire, or have better access to donor milk, feeding at the breast, and breast milk alternatives if they can not breastfeed.
- Regardless of whether a mother breastfeeds for one week, one year, or not at all, her story has value in helping more mothers succeed and accomplish the breastfeeding goals they set for themselves.
- We believe in moms. We never forget that once we were squeamish about breastfeeding, struggled with it, and had to find our way. If we could do it, so can you . . . we’ve got your back, Babe!
- We believe that breastfeeding is a foundation of human health, and as such, is a cause that deserves significantly increased funding and resources.paxbaby
“ALL moms deserve to make a truly informed feeding decision and to be cheered on, coached and celebrated without pressure, judgment or guilt.
ALL breastfeeding moms deserve to achieve their personal breastfeeding goals without being undermined by cultural & institutional “Booby Traps “.”
“In even plainer english, that means that if you have done evidence-based research, weighed your options, and hopefully understand how you are being influenced by marketing and cultural norms, and you decide not to breastfeed, we support you whole-heartedly. We will defend your decision and will point you in the direction of resources to support you.
It also means that if you do decide to breastfeed, and you have set a goal based on doing the same evidence-based research, as well as understanding how your decision is influenced by marketing and cultural norms, we will support you to achieve that goal, no matter if it is to breastfeed for two days, two weeks, two months, two years or beyond… “
You can read more about Best for Babes Credo here: